Amazon Marketing Strategy
Niche Products to Sell
No matter how many products flood the market today, there is always the capacity to create high quality niche products that are hard for other sellers to create or get their hands on. Having a quality niche product is probably one of the most important elements to increasing your sales on Amazon, without it, the struggle of competing with other sellers for the same is likely to decrease profit margins and make it difficult to achieve sustainable growth and sales.
The most important part of your Amazon Marketing Strategy is the SEO Keyword research that you should do prior to listing your product (however, you can also do it later at any time should you want to optimize existing listings to increase sales). To do this, sign up for SEMrush or a similar high quality SEO keyword research tool. Create a list of all of the keyword phrases that you think could be associated with your product. Plug those keywords and keyword phrases into SEMrush and get the search volume (if there is no search volume you can see other similar phrases and search terms that may apply).
Once you have your list of keywords and search phrases, you’ll want to add them strategically to your product starting with the title, followed by use of the search terms in the products back end. You can also use these search terms in the manual Amazon Campaigns that you run to promote your product.
Whether you’re manufacture, reseller for distributor, many Amazon sellers are looking for ways to increase their sales on Amazon. Below are a handful of suggestions for increasing your Amazon sales.
One of the best ways to increase sales is by using the best resources and tools out there. Check out our Amazon Seller Resources to get our top recommendations for the best integrations and solutions to streamline your sales and grow your business.
Add additional products or inventory
- Consider selling additional inventory either for more niche categories or products with less competition.
Use your storefront URL to drive external traffic
- Any traffic directed to your product through your storefront URL will automatically win you the buy box.
Be wary of automatic Repricers
- Many sellers have enlisted the help of automatic repricers that continually low-ball their online Amazon price in an ongoing attempt to win the buy box. The problem is that when multiple sellers for the same listing use these they essentially wind up driving down the price to a fractional margin of profitability.
Gain seller Feedback
- By using automated feedback tools and providing phenomenal customer support Amazon sellers can increase both their ratings and reviews. This not only makes customers more confident when buying from a seller but can also play a vital role in winning the buy box.
If you sell your own branded products or able to control the detail page you have additional opportunity to optimize listings.
Optimize listings for discoverability
- Run a report to verify current keyword rankings.
- Optimize listings with research keyword terms in the title and search terms.
Optimize listings for buyability
- Run a report to analyze current conversion rates.
- Optimize images, product features and descriptions to increase conversions.
- Place variations under a single parent allowing customers to view all products on a single detail page.
- Fix all active quality alerts for products preventing them from being suppressed and leading to a reduction in sales.
Run automated Amazon campaigns
- Once listings are fully optimized you can run automated campaigns that will drive increased traffic to any listing you win the buy box for.
Request that unauthorized resellers or MAP violators remove themselves from listings or abide by MAP agreements.
- The importance of having solid reseller and MAP Agreements in place cannot be understated. It is essential that businesses not only vet and approve the distributors they sell to but also the individual retailers who will ultimately be selling and representing their product.
Have questions about any of our Amazon Seller Resources or how to Increase Sales on Amazon? Just enter your email address in the form on the right to receive email updates. Start your success of selling on Amazon today!