“To me, it’s a win, win, win. I say that a lot, but it’s a win for the consumer, a win for the brand influencer or ambassador or affiliate, whatever you want to call them because they’re getting paid and it’s a win for me because I don’t have to go upfront and pay somebody $1,000 or X amount of dollars to promote my product.” Tony Kasandrinos on benefits of affiliate marketing
In this episode, I am joined by Tony Kasandrinos, co-founder of Kasandrinos Olive Oil. We explore affiliate marketing and how brands can use affiliates and influencers to launch new products and increase sales on Amazon (and their websites).
You’ll also get tips about how to find influencers and affiliates, reach out to them, as well as best practices to stay in touch.
Tony shares how he used affiliate marketing to build his brand and explode his Amazon sales while actively serving full-time in the Marine Corps.
Talking about the process of affiliate marketing as a way to promote a product, Tony says we look for people who promote our product because they love the product. “Once they are promoting their product and sharing it, I’m basically offering them a way to share something they love with their followers,” he affirms.
“People are taking an influencer’s word on said product. So the biggest advantage to me is it’s very minimal costs. You’re basically just paying for the software to track everything and then your paying your affiliates based on the sales that they generate. So from a small business standpoint, in my opinion, that’s unparalleled. And you know, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you’re not reaching out to these influencers. Not everybody’s going to want to do it or say yes, but there’s a lot of people who do, especially the people who are already using your products,” he goes on.
So there you are. Affiliate marketing and influencer marketing are veritable goldmines. Stay tuned for tips from an affiliate marketing guru.
- The optimization first, then launch, is really critical (7:00)
- The biggest benefits of affiliate marketing over other types of advertising (8:37)
- How do you find relevant affiliates? (10:36)
- Influencers passionate about a product and its tangential aspects (11:56)
- They like giving their audience something new… (18:52)
- Finding influencers and reaching out to them (19:16)
- “Never shy away from anybody.” (25:40)
- A brief overview of the Amazon associates program (27:03)
- Amazon is like your one-stop source for promoting products (30:07)
- Engaging with your affiliates and providing them content (37:23)
- Equipping your affiliates with tools and resources (41:20)
- Doing the affiliate route instead of just paying for a post or a newsletter (52:04)
- Just start in your own community or wherever you’re at (53:53)